Healthy Tray is a tool designed for dietitians and their patients. Our mission is to solve the real problem – increasing childhood obesity. At the 29th European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG) Conference, which was held on November 13-16, 2019, experts postulated three solutions to this problem:
- broad education on healthy eating,
- extension of the care system for an obese child as part of NFZ benefits,
- sugar tax.
Michał Sutkowski, spokesman for the College of Family Doctors in Poland:
- For about 8-10 years, we have been a country where the percentage of obese teenagers is one of the highest among countries around the world and, what is worse, the number of obese children is constantly increasing.
- According to the McKinsey Institute, we are spending over 2.5 trillion dollars worldwide to fight the effects of obesity.
- In Poland, the costs of treating obesity itself – in the form of scarce education, dietary advice or insignificant as to the needs of surgical treatment – are estimated at about PLN 2 billion, and still seem to be underestimated.
We have created a slightly different solution to this problem. Details soon.